Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Congratulations to Carli Jo!

This is the story of Carli Jo and Beau Hobson. Beau served his mission from June 2009-June 2011



So last night I didn’t really have a hard time sleeping. I was kind of sick yesterday so I took some Tylenol pm to help with my back pain and help me sleep. Since beau wasn’t getting home till 6:00 that next night, the nerves really hadn’t set in yet. But Tuesday finally came. I woke up, and just tried to do as much as I could to stay busy all day. I watched the previous nights episode of Bachelorette (poor Ashley by the way). And then I did some laundry, and cleaned my house. We went and ate lunch, and then I came back and got ready, tried on maybe 3 different outfits, but then settled for my favorite pair of black skinny jeans, and pink cardigan! :] haha. Beau was suppose to be landing at 5:50 in Twin Falls, Idaho. But he happened to have a 4 hour layover in SLC before that. So his mom and sister who live in SLC went and picked him up and took him to the gateway and hung out with him during that time. His sister called me right after they dropped him back off and told me how wonderful he is and how good he looked. That is when the nerves really set in. Knowing that they had seen him and talked to him, just made it that more real for me. Well about 20 minutes later I get this phone call from a number I didn’t know. It was him! He only had 1 minute left on his calling card and so he called to say hi and that he loved me and he couldn’t wait to see me! I was seriously in shock, I think I may have only said 5 words! Haha I had NO idea what to say! But the phone call ended right in the middle of my sentence. At that point my sister and I decided to go do some shopping to try and pass the time. We got back to my house about 6:00, I hadn’t heard anything from his sister, so I called and wanted to know if he had landed okay. She told me he had, and that his release time had been changed. It was originally for 7:00, but now the stake president couldn’t do it until 8:30! AHHHH I was freaking out! I didn’t want to wait another hour and a half! Haha, so I just sat and waited at my house for him to come. About 9:30 I get a phone call from his sister-in-law, and she told me that beau wanted me to wait for him on my porch, she then asked to talk to my sister, so that’s when I knew something had to have been being planned! Haha, but my sister just told me that I shouldn’t freak out when the first car pulls in because beau isn’t in that one. At 9:45 two cars pull into my driveway and I am FREAKING out! My sister grabs me and starts hugging me and will not let me out the door! I was so irritated at why she wouldn’t let me! But finally I got away from her grasp and walked into my front yard, where his sister wrapped me into the biggest hug, and wouldn’t let me see past her. She told me that beau was in the truck but needed a few minutes before he could come see me. Everyone was acting so weird, so I knew something was up. Next thing I know she turns me around and there he is standing behind me! (he had snuck through my back door of my house and came to the front! That little sneaker ;]) I SCREAMED!! Haha not like a cute squeel, but like a scream that you hear in horror films! Haha and I have no idea why! But he wrapped me up in the biggest hug ever! And he whispered he loved me!! I cannot even explain to you how amazing it was! We came back into my house, and everyone chatted for a bit. Then they let me drive him home. His dad has a farm and they live by the river so we went down to their boat dock for about an hour before I took him home and we just talked and talked, and I laid there in his arms and just took it all in. He has changed, but in the most amazing ways! He is definitely still that same boy I fell in love with, but more in tune with the spirit and with himself! We are taking things slow for right now, but we both know we want to be together for eternity. No 24 hour club for me :[ haha stinking boy! But when it does happen, it will be amazing!!! I love you girls and I know that I would not be here if it was not for all of you! Keep waiting because it is so worth it, and they DO come home, and all those long nights, and all those tears and that pain, it goes away when you are with them again! I will keep you guys all updated on what the future has in store for us!! Love you guys!! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment