Sunday, May 8, 2011

Belated Congrats to: Chrissie and Matt

This is the story of Chrissie and Matt Roberts; Matt served from August 2008- August 2010.


The Background: Matt and I were 13 when at a Stake Youth activity... But we didn't really take much notice of each other until we were both almost 17 haha. Well ok, I liked him for a little while when we were 14 but nothing came of it and so I kinda forgot about it until EFY 2006. It was the first EFY to ever be held in Europe and we had the privilege to go! We hung out a more than usual at that EFY and he was going to ask me to the Formal dance but chickened out :P But being in the same Stake we saw each other again at a dance that October - After that dance, he asked a friend of mine for my email and after some confusion because my email has two underscores and not one; we started talking pretty much every day from the start of 2007. We became close friends and it started to develop into something more around April time. On the day after my 17th birthday we admitted to each other we liked one another and 2 weeks he asked me on a our first date! It was on July 21st ‘07 and we instantly hit it off. It was such a fun date! By August 23rd he had asked me to be his girlfriend. It didn't take us long to realise we were falling in love! But then 10 months after that amazing day his mission call came: England Leeds Mission to leave for the MTC on August 29th 2008. This was a hard time for us, we were both so excited he was going on a mission but we really didn't know what it would mean for us... After some thought and advise from parents we split up a week before his mission, saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But things didn't feel right, I felt I needed to pray more about the decision for me not to wait, so I did and a couple months into his mission, my status went from single to waiting! I never looked back.
The Homecoming: Matt returned from the England Leeds Mission on August 18th 2010 at 11:30pm. (his parents and youngest brother went to pick him up from the Mission Home at 9:30pm) The last 3 days were probably one of the hardest parts of waiting... The emotions I felt were crazy. I couldn’t sleep, I felt sick with butterflies... It wasn’t fun. But soo so worth it!! When he arrived at his house I was in the front room with his family and his uncle just turned to me and said “He’s here!” at this I FREAKED OUT. I was so nervous and excited and happy! Oh and when I finally saw him, it was completely surreal and the first hug... well watch the video ;) After everyone had said their hellos and things settled down a little we all chatted until the early morning and Matt and I were able to be alone for literally 10 minutes to say goodnight and he kissed me!! I was so surprised... I love him!
After: These past few days have been a total blur. All I know is we are still completely in love with each other and know we want to get married someday. He called his last companion on Friday and he was telling Matt to go on speaker phone and ask me right then. Haha! But I think he wants my Dad’s “permission” first. So he’s been trying to get into contact with him but no luck yet... Once he’s asked I dunno exactly how long it’ll be but I doubt it’ll be much time at all!!! I’m so excited!!!! I love Matthew Roberts!!!!
 Last thought: Girls, it is worth it. Every tear, every lonely night, every waiter hater comment is almost forgotten in the moment you see the one you love again. I am so grateful I have been able to experience waiting for a missionary. It was hard but I have learnt so much about myself and grown closer to my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ and Matt too :D

Chrissie and Matt were later sealed in the London Temple, December of 2010. Thank you Chrissie for your amazing example and wonderful attitude to us girls, we love you! 

1 comment:

  1. I was flicking through the posts on here reading all the stories, such lovely memories!! I just wanted to add to mine and Matt's story that we're expecting a baby boy in August this year! So excited :) I love being married to my best friend. Love Chrissie from mattandchrissie11dec.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete