Sunday, May 8, 2011

Congrats to: Nicole and Matt

This is Nicole and Matt's story; Matt served from March 2009-March 2011


Ok well I'll start with a little background.  Matt and I have known each other basically forever.  We have gone to school together since 3rd grade.  The end of our junior year we started talking a lot more and started dating that summer, July 2007.  We dated out entire senior year and then did the long distance relationship business while I was going to college my freshmen year (we were only 3 hrs away so not too bad).  Matt left to the Australia Brisbane Mission March 25th 2009.  While he was gone I transferred to Southern Virginia University.

Matt came home the 30th of March 2011.  Since our families are pretty close my family went to the airport to see him, not gonna lie, I was a tad jealous.  I didn't talk to him until Friday.  We talked on facebook chat and through messeages basically all day. Later that night we skyped for about an hour. It was super great! He was still a little out of it but it was still good.  Since I was on the other side of the country (Virginia to Idaho) I wasn't able to see him for a month.  We talked every couple of days so it wasn't too bad.  But I missed his homecoming talk, in fact two of them.  He moved wards right after we graduated so he spoke in his ward and his old ward.  But I missed them both which was pretty depressing.  Especially since everybody said he did an amazing job.

April 30th, 2011, I'm done with school! I flew home to Boise which is about three hours from my house.  My sister, her fiance and my brother came to pick me up.  Matt came with them! I'm not gonna lie the walk from the plane to meet my family was a tad nerve-racking.  My heart was beating pretty fast ha! Then I came around to the waiting room and they were all sitting right there. We looked up and we made eye contact and just smiled at each other. Then my sister jumped in our way to give me a hug. And then my brother...I don't know what they were thinking haha! But I finally made it to him and we gave each other a huge hug! I didn't want to let go! It was so nice to be in his arms again! We got my bags and then went to lunch. I'm not going to say things were completely normal because they weren't, but it was awkward either.  Just different.  Part way through the meal he held my hand and then kinda freaked out so he pulled back.  Ha but I helped him get over that! haha! After we ate we went to the mall and then to a park before driving home.  Somewhere in all of that we had our first post-mission kiss! Since I have been home I have seen him every day but one.  Our relationship has definitelyu changed, but in a good way.  We still love each other and want to be together.  Having him home is better than I ever imagined!

The last two years with him gone have been hard.  But I wouldn't change the experience for anything.  I'm so glad he had the opportunity to serve a mission and that he loved it so much! I am also glad that I was able to experience the things that I did.  The experiences the two of us had the last two years have helped us grow and mature.  They have helped us become better people which has made our relationship better! The wait is worth it girls! Keep holding on! You got this! :)
Congrats Nicole! Way to make it! We wish you both the best of luck and please keep us updated on how everything goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment