Friday, May 27, 2011

Congrats Dylan for getting your missionary back!!! May 26, 2011


This is Dylan's post from yesterday (I think he may be a little excited for her return ;p):
Tia gets home today. It took me forever to fall asleep last night. Hopefully the day goes by quickly until I can go to her parent's house to see her.
Dylan posted their stories a while back (with the new facebook page layout I had to go searching for the dang thing but it was well worth the wait just as Dylan is finding out :) )
Dylan and Tia (Tia served her mission in the New York, Utica mission)

I met Tia Zwick at a dance party in Provo in June of 2009 when both of us were students at BYU. We started dating but it was never very serious because she had decided before she met me that she wanted to go on a mission. The entire time we were dating I was trying to think of how I could convince her to not go on a mission. She would tell me that she was busy sometimes because she didn't want to see me too much or get attached because she wanted to go on a mission. Needless to say I failed in convincing her to stay home and date me. At the end of the summer she moved to Henderson, Nevada where her family was living at the time. We saw each other a few more times when she came to Provo to visit, one weekend of which I thought I had a last chance to convince her to stay, but she didn't. Since we were never serious boyfriend/girlfriend before she left, she started spending a lot of time in Henderson with this guy that had just got home from a mission, and I was kindof hurt by that. She gave a farewell in Alpine, Utah because that's where she grew up and she had a lot of friends there, and I didn't really want to go because I knew that she had been seeing this other guy and I found out that he was going to be at the farewell in Alpine. But, my mom convinced that I should go to her farewell in Alpine, Utah, and looking back on it now I'm really glad that I did. When she left, she had told me to date other people while she was gone, and I already knew that I was going to date other girls no matter what she said. We didn't write at all the first six months of her mission, but I found that I was thinking about her a lot, that I compared every girl I ever dated to her, that no one really seemed to match up, and that I was thinking about her every day. So, I decided to write her. A day or two after I sent a letter to her and before she would have read it, I got a message from her sister on facebook and her sister asked me what my mailing address was because Tia wanted to write me. So that made me feel a lot better about writing her, because for all I knew she could have forgotten about me completely. Our letter writing wasn't very frequent at all until December of last year, and by then I was writing her every other week and getting a letter on the other weeks.

The biggest problem I was going to have to face when she got home is that she was originally scheduled to get home on July 7th, and I am applying for medical schools right now, that start between July 25th and August 8th, and that wouldn't give us time to figure anything out between her getting home and me leaving. So, I wrote her a letter and told her that I was crazy about her and that I didn't want to leave Utah without her in the Fall. We hadn't talked about our feelings for each other before this at all, so I was really nervous that she wasn't going to feel the same way, and that I would freak her out. But, turns out she was thinking the exact same thing and she sends me a letter back saying that she loves me and then she suggests that she gets her mission shortened so that she would get home on May 26th. 18-month sister mission fall right between 12 and 13 transfers, and she was originally scheduled for 13, but she told her mission president all about her and me and got her mission changed to 12 transfers. Before she asked her mission president about this, she suggested it to me and asked me to email her and tell her what I thought. I was so excited about this. I told her I was all for it, and the mission president agreed to it. That was about a month and a half ago. So I have 74 days left now!! For the last two months we have been writing each other every week. Things between us have quickly gotten much more serious in the last two months.

The other interesting thing is that I never met her family before she left. I talked to her dad for maybe a minute at her farewell and I had met one of her brothers, and I had talked to one of her sisters on facebook a few times because Tia had told her sister all about me. So, about a month ago Tia's mom invited me to have Sunday dinner with her family, and I was excited to meet them. That was two weeks ago. I was pretty nervous to meet her whole family (except for two sisters and their families) at their Sunday dinner, especially without her being there. I have kept in touch with her mom and am probably going to meet up with them again pretty soon.

I graduated from BYU in December of last year and my life is just a matter of waiting right now. I am living at my parents house in SLC now and I'm not in school and I'm trying to find a job, but I have a lot of free time. Tia gets home May 26th and I have been waiting for months to hear back from four different medical schools that I have already interviewed at. I'm excited for Tia to get home obviously, but I'm not too anxious because I feel like I already know what's going to happen when she does, but I am way anxious to get accepted to at least one medical school and figure out where I will be in the Fall.
Congrats again Dylan for getting Tia back-we all can't wait to hear about her return and all about the wedding ( so fill us in please!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment